AADS will ship your order using the fastest, safest, and most reliable shipping method possible. We have established relationships with some the best delivery companies across the nation. Each item on our site has been designated to ship by a particular shipping method in order to provide you with the optimal delivery experience.
You will be notified by email when your order ships. The email will include a tracking number for your shipment. We recommend you track your package online or on the phone with the freight carrier. Most freight companies can provide an estimated delivery date when provided with the tracking number.
Please note we cannot ship to PO boxes or Military APOs.
When possible we ship smaller, lighter items via UPS, FEDEX or USPS. These companies provide fast and reliable shipping for a majority of the items we sell. If you prefer a different method of shipping or to use your shipping account, please contact our office.
When your product is delivered, be sure to check the number of packages delivered as compared to what is shown on the label (for example 1 of 2). Please see Inspecting Your Merchandise section for more information.
Some items are too large and/or heavy to ship via USPS, FEDEX or UPS, so they are shipped using a freight company. Freight companies typically make standard deliveries between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Some freight companies may call to schedule a range for delivery time (e.g. 8:00 am to 10:00 am). Deliveries made by freight companies are “dock to dock” delivery only. That means that the truck driver will bring the item to the rear of the truck and the customer receiving the product is responsible to unload the item from the truck, usually using a forklift or a pallet jack at a loading dock. The customer is also responsible to move the merchandise into their facility.
Our website will automatically calculate shipping based on standard shipping methods. We reserve the right to make necessary corrections due to a calculation error. If the corrected amount results in a higher shipping fee of over $5.00, you will be contacted prior to the item being shipped.
Items Eligible for Free Shipping
Some items are eligible for FREE SHIPPING. FREE SHIPPING is available ONLY for those items marked with the words “FREE SHIPPING”. FREE SHIPPING provides dock to dock delivery within the 48 contiguous states.
Additional charges will apply for FREE SHIPPING items as outlined in the Additional Charges Section below.
Dock to Dock Delivery Definition:
Dock to Dock Delivery means that the truck driver will bring the item to the rear of the truck and the customer is responsible to unload the item from the truck, usually using a forklift or a pallet jack at a loading dock. The customer is also responsible to move the merchandise from the truck to the inside of their facility.
Your Responsibility on Free Dock to Dock Shipping Items:
- Unload your merchandise from the truck
- Transport your merchandise from the truck to the inside of your facility
- Inspect your merchandise for damage – See Inspecting Your Merchandise section for more information.
1. Delivery Area - Additional charges apply to some delivery areas, including but not limited to the following:
2. Return/Additional Delivery Attempts - Truck drivers are not responsible to help unload a product off the truck. AADS is not responsible if the item cannot be unloaded off the truck. If you cannot unload your merchandise from the truck, it will be returned to the freight terminal. Additional charges for returning the product and/or additional delivery attempts will apply.
3. Residential Delivery- If you will receive the product at a residential address, additional charges will apply. Residential delivery is not available in all areas. Residential delivery charges will be added to FREE SHIPPING items (where dock to dock freight is included in the price of the item) if this service if required.
4. Liftgate (Curbside) Delivery - If you need a liftgate to get the item off the truck, additional charges will apply. When a liftgate is provided, this is known as Curbside Delivery. Liftgate charges will be added to FREE SHIPPING items (where dock to dock freight is included in the price of the item) if this service if required.
5. Inside Delivery - If you would like to have the freight company provide inside delivery of your item(s), additional charges will apply. Inside delivery means the driver will unload the item from the truck and will bring the product inside the facility. There can be no obstacles around which the driver must maneuver including stairs, elevators, curbs or narrow doorways. If there are obstacles, the driver will place the product as close as possible to the entry point. Inside delivery charges will be added to FREE SHIPPING items (where dock to dock freight is included in the price of the item) if this service if required.
6. Outside Contiguous 48 States - Additional charges will apply for deliveries outside the 48 contiguous United States.
For FREE SHIPPING items, the item is shipped FOB origin. FOB origin means the customer is responsible for the items once they leave the factory or warehouse.
Inspecting your merchandise
We take extra care in shipping your items, but sometimes freight damage occurs. It is extremely important that you thoroughly inspect your shipment at the time of delivery. If your shipment shows any sign of possible damage or if there is any reason that you are concerned that there could be damage inside the box, please write “PRODUCT DAMAGE” on the delivery sheet the freight company asks you to sign.
Be sure to count the number of pieces/boxes received to ensure it matches the number shown on the delivery sheet. If any of the items or boxes are missing, please write “PRODUCT MISSING/SHORTED” on the delivery sheet the freight company asks you to sign. Do not sign the delivery sheet until you have thoroughly inspected your items.
It is extremely important that shortages or damage is noted on the delivery sheet as this allows a claim to be made. A claim cannot be made if no damage or shortage is noted at the time of delivery. Failure to notate damage or shortage at the time of delivery will result in forfeiture of the opportunity to make a claim or product replacement, if applicable.
Do not discard the shipping/packaging material that your items arrived in. Items being returned must be in their original packaging to be eligible for refund or replacement.
Contact AADS at 800-927-6101 if you have any questions or need pricing for additional services.